No announcement yet.

Enrolled Agent licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks geekgirldany! Its nice to know you will respect me in the morning.

Comment

no doc loan

Banks have tried for years to have someone else to do their work. In the mid nineties if people were self employed and the right AGI they could qualify quickly with what was called a non documentation loan as long as the tax preparer sent a letter stating the time period of the self employment.. Law suits supposedly have already started in California against such preparers,by lending institutins. Liability insurance carriers have given examples of what your response should be with no doc loans. Everything was fine in the real estate world until the repos started increasing.

Comment

Question

Have we beaten the dead horse long enough?

I have been following this thread for a couple of days and find that unfortunately the main topic has become EA VS CPA instead of answering the question which was originlly posted. So I personally would like to take the time to say sorry to the original poster for this whole thing getting out of hand.

To all who disagree with me sorry but I know how frustrating it can be when you post something and then your topic or question gets hijacked by a select few.

Comment

certification

Wow what a timely Tax Discussion. I just this day received a call from a non-client asking if I would review his 2005 tax return (prepared by himself) and issue a letter on my letter head as to his being self-employed. I told him to bring it in and I would look at as to content, then make a decision at that time. Hoping to perswade (not much for spelling)(when in school we only had words that started with A, B, or C) him to be come a client if nothing else.

Thanks all Kurly

Comment

Originally posted by sea-tax
            So I personally would like to take the time to say sorry to the original poster for this whole thing getting out of hand.
            The original poster was a bogus post, as I have stated twice. The purpose was to get the EAs and CPAs on this board to get into a big argument, of which they have.

The original poster has yet to come on to defend himself or herself for posting a bogus question...thus proving my point.

You have to realize that not everyone out there likes the fact that this message board is as popular as it is, with so many people frequenting the board, posting intelligent answers to so many tax questions, and contributing to the board’s success...if you know what I mean...No other FREE tax related message board comes close to the success of this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees
              The original poster was a bogus post, as I have stated twice. The purpose was to get the EAs and CPAs on this board to get into a big argument, of which they have.

The original poster has yet to come on to defend himself or herself for posting a bogus question...thus proving my point.

You have to realize that not everyone out there likes the fact that this message board is as popular as it is, with so many people frequenting the board, posting intelligent answers to so many tax questions, and contributing to the board’s success...if you know what I mean...No other FREE tax related message board comes close to the success of this one.
              Bees point well taken and I tend to agree with you that it was a more likely than not bogus question. However if that is true than why did you and the other posters play right into their hand?
              I would like to say that I personally like this msg board and think that you have done a great job. In fact so good that it has made me buy your book for this season. Well wishes to you and yours.

Comment

Originally posted by sea-tax
                Bees point well taken and I tend to agree with you that it was a more likely than not bogus question. However if that is true than why did you and the other posters play right into their hand?
                I was one who said we should all just get along. It did lead to another topic that was a legitimate issue to discuss...that of how to respond when clients want us to give letters in regards to obtaining loans. It is a good discussion, proving that even a bogus question can be turned into an interesting topic on this board. Probably another reason why the original poster decided to vanish.

Comment

Had the original poster been required to register we would not be wondering about his identity and his vanishing. Why is TTB not requiring registration before posting.. all other tax forums I know require the registration??

Comment

CPA and EA

The difference between a CPA and an EA is that a CPA is smart enough to go to an EA if he has a tax problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      The difference between a CPA and an EA is that a CPA is smart enough to go to an EA if he has a tax problem.
                      As I said more than once... unregistered guests should not be allowed to post this type crap. If they want to insult people on this forum they should at least be subject to being banned. Am I the only one around here that feel this way?

Comment

Originally posted by OldJack
                        As I said more than once... unregistered guests should not be allowed to post this type crap. If they want to insult people on this forum they should at least be subject to being banned. Am I the only one around here that feel this way?

OLd Jack I do agree with you on this one.

While I think that UR was attempting to be funny and probably meant no harm it was still a very uncalled for comment.

If things don't change with allowing UR's to post then maybe we as regulars should just stop responding to those questions and comments.

Comment

Originally posted by OldJack
                          I think this forum should be as open as possible. Certainly, the more open the forum, the more garbage you're going to have to tolerate, and ignore, hopefully.

How ironic. We're lamenting the "Us" vs. "Them" tone of the conversation when discussing EAs and CPAs, yet at the same time we're advocating an "Us" vs. "Them" when we're discussing "Registereds" vs. "Unregistereds."

I think everyone's opinion should be welcome here. The more we restrict the right to express opinions, the closer we get to having this board turn into nothing more than a mutual admiration society gathering place.

I vote for tolerating all opinions and keeping the board open rather than blocking out opinions to keep us safe from being annoyed.

Sorry, I don't consider the comment in question a personal attack. A snide comment? Sure. But a personal attack? No.
                          Last edited by Armando Beaujolais; 10-17-2006, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I don't consider the comment in question a personal attack either. Had it been a personal attach is not the point. A registered user has to consider the consequences of their statements on this forum and the unregistered does not.

I agree that everyone's opinion should be welcome here, but they should identify them self with their opinions. If one is not willing to be known why should they be allowed to express an opinion or request our free opinions. Could TTB only be concerned about the volume of traffic on the forum?

I for one will consider un-registering so I can be more argumentative and say just anything I wish. Maybe that will be more fun and I can be more myself as the jackass personality.
                            Last edited by OldJack; 10-17-2006, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I also think users of the forum should be made to register. Register along with email account verifcation. Most boards do this to keep down on "trolls". Trolls being ones that are advertising something or just causing trouble. If a person doesn't want to use their business or personal email account then they can use yahoo or hotmail.

The board can stay open while requiring folks to register.

Comment

It would be good if you and everyone would vote on the Poll: Posting Messages??

Comment

Working...
                                X