Form 8903 Domestic Activities - W-2 wages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 8903 Domestic Activities - W-2 wages

New client going through divorce has given me a stack of paperwork. I caught up on delinquent sales tax returns and now am addressing the IRS notices.

I have a copy of his 2005 tax return including Form 8903 - Domestic Production Activities Deduction. On line 12, W-2 wages, it lists his Schedule C net profit. Is this correct? According to the form instructions & my understanding, this should only be W-2 wages. Can someone please confirm or deny?

Also on the Schedule C he has a taxes deduction with the detail listing "Payroll taxes - 941" and another "Payroll taxes-FICA". The guy doesn't have any employees.

I bet that's why I also have a notice from Social Security Administration for 2004 saying their W-2 wage forms don't agree with IRS forms 941.

Have you ever noticed how it's the ugly, messy ones that show up this time of year???

Mess

Retainer fee up front, bunch of retainer fee up front.

Must have W-2 wages, not schedule C net.

I would ask for the detail that the information on Schedule C came from: general ledger, P & L, whatever. Start from there.

For the 2004 SSA notice, same thing.
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

I have a copy of his QuickBooks files so that is very helpful. I'll look there to see if I can figure out the payroll taxes thing. However, his soon to be ex-wife did the bookkeeping.

Comment

Working...
      X