Inappropriate Postings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inappropriate Postings

If anyone encounters a message board posting linking to an inappropriate web site, please do not respond to the post. Responding to such posts only encourages more abuse. Under “Contact Us” there is a “General Comments” feature that will send an email to us. Let us know through this feature if we do not remove the posting right away.

We try to monitor the board for these things, but we don’t always see them right away. When we do, their IP address is blocked from our web site.

Inappropriate Postings

Originally posted by Brad Imsdahl
    If anyone encounters a message board posting linking to an inappropriate web site, please do not respond to the post. Responding to such posts only encourages more abuse. Under “Contact Us” there is a “General Comments” feature that will send an email to us. Let us know through this feature if we do not remove the posting right away.

We try to monitor the board for these things, but we don’t always see them right away. When we do, their IP address is blocked from our web site.
    It is so noted for future reference!

Keep up the good work.
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

Brad

This may be a contradictory post in that I have never registered for your message board but I do think you & your editorial board should consider requiring registration in order to post. Other boards such as Creative Solutions & Accountantsworld not only require registration but actually have the "real" names of the posters. I don't think it would be so onerous to require registration. While I grant you that there is no guarantee that inappropriate posts will never appear, it would probably help the situation.

New York Enrolled Agent

Comment

We have had a number of posters actually register, and then post inappropriate links. So requiring registration would not solve that problem. I also do not want to require people to use their real name, as many would refuse to participate. You probably would not want your tax clients to have access to your conversations with colleagues about their tax situations.

Unless it gets out of control, the best way to handle this kind of thing is to not click on any link from a questionable poster. When you click on a link, the linked web site can trace your computer if you do not have Internet Security software that blocks them from doing so, or you have your settings low enough to allow web sites to place cookies on your computer. That is especially true of spam emails. Every time you click on a link, they register the number of responses they get from their spamming, which helps to encourage more spamming.

Comment

Working...
        X