Correct 1099

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct 1099

My ex-employer 1099 me for $48,650 for 2003, but I only made $4,443, talked to him many times, he refused to change. I was his employee, payroll was OK, but commission was wrong, talked to IRS and many accountants, tax attorney, did not get good answer.

I sent explanation letter attached to 2003 tax return, received from IRS on July, need to collect tax, I hire accountant to write letter for me. IRS got it, and sent to ex-employer, he called me and was mad, I said 'I called you many times, you always hanged up, of course I have to notify IRS', he refused to change again.

All I have are bank statment and returned checks proving what I acturally earned, but the ex-employer said he paid me the rest cash, that is not true. I only worked four months in 2003, no agreement or signature showing I receive cash. I did not received any cash payment. I hope IRS understand why that employer paid me huge amount of cash for what reason? If I got the huge pay, why I left that company? Aslo, my commission based on construction sold, during four months, he must at least close over 2 millions in order to pay me that commission, where is his record?

I called him several times, it is useless to call him again, this is over four years nightmare since I worked for him. I need to start my new life, I don't have time and money to sue him(but will consider), I want to be clear with IRS, would you give me direction?

I appreciate your help.

Originally posted by Califajoy
    My ex-employer 1099 me for $48,650 for 2003, but I only made $4,443, talked to him many times, he refused to change……this is over four years nightmare since I worked for him.
    The first thing you need to do is make sure your story is consistent. 4 years from 2003 is 2007. We are still only in 2005. That is important when you want people to believe your side of the story.

Assuming the facts you presented are legitimate, I would file a criminal complaint against your former employer with IRS criminal investigation. Their number is 1-800-829-0433. Issuing bogus 1099s is tax fraud.

Comment

already file compliant

I already filed complaint twice, but they haven't take any action.

Two years I worked for him as employee, it was tough, two years deal with 1099, total four years headache.

Comment

be clear with IRS

You are only responsible for your own records. File your tax return accurately, probably with a professional tax preparer. If you were an independent contractor use Schedule C. If your were an employee use Form 4137. If the IRS has a problem with it (apparently they don't) you can deal with that later, but in any case it isn't ever possible "to be clear with IRS."

Comment

Working...
        X