EA renewal Fees Going up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA renewal Fees Going up!

I was looking around the IRS website for EA's today and saw that enrollment and renewal fees might be going up from $80 to $125 . Also they are proposing an extra $11 per applicant who is taking the test. The charge would be $11 per section plus the regular fee that Thompson is charging.

Also installment fees are going up to I think $ 102.00 but they will lower it to $52 if you sign up for direct deposit. Reinstatement of installmet will know be $45.

I am starting to feel like the IRS doesn't like us all that much anymore with all these fees and regulations.
    Last edited by sea-tax; 08-31-2006, 12:34 PM.

CPE requirements

It's about time! I've been complaining about such low fees for years. Now I can get started on raising CPE requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by jainen
      It's about time! I've been complaining about such low fees for years. Now I can get started on raising CPE requirements.
      What additional CPE Requirements would you like to see? Let's play a game Jainen is King For a Day! So King Jainen what would ya do?

PS: BTW you are really giving them H**L over on that other borad about haircuts. Are you being serious or just having some fun with people?
      Last edited by sea-tax; 08-31-2006, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Iffen I were Tax King

Darn--hoisted on my own petard again! Okay, let's see what I can do with it this time.

Iffen I were Tax King, I would holler, "Off wi' der heads," for anyone who called a national sales tax, "The Fair Tax."

Iffen I were Tax King, I would decree that any return by someone who waren't an EA have to be in red ink, and that includes CPAs.

Iffen I were Tax King, Any tax preparer would have to do 120 hours CPE every three years, with at least 20 hours per year. Half have to be classroom.

How 'bout you?

Comment

I like your decrees most exalted one!

In Oregon we are required to have 30 hours per year now.

Comment

Originally posted by jainen
            Darn--hoisted on my own petard again! Okay, let's see what I can do with it this time.

Iffen I were Tax King, I would holler, "Off wi' der heads," for anyone who called a national sales tax, "The Fair Tax."

Iffen I were Tax King, I would decree that any return by someone who waren't an EA have to be in red ink, and that includes CPAs.

Iffen I were Tax King, Any tax preparer would have to do 120 hours CPE every three years, with at least 20 hours per year. Half have to be classroom.

How 'bout you?
            Well I like the idea about off with their heads for those "Fair Tax" whiners

The red ink thing ya lost me there .

I like the 120 hour requirement but half in class time seems a little absurd. In my opinion "those who can do those who can't teach". I personally have a BA and Masters degree and really found college to be lack luster for me. I learned more in my first few years of the real world than any teacher could ever show me.

My biggest thing for King of the Day would be that All people who owned a business would have to 1) speak, read and write English 2) have to pass a test before they could open a business on basic business skilz.

After that I really don't want to be King at all becuase when you are King someone is always trying to kill you. I can just see it know BB would try to overthrow King Sea-Tax to rule the Tax World. No thanks

Comment

Everything going up!

Have you checked the cost of your copier paper lately? Mine has gone up 44% since January 1st. Utilities are up 19%. My group health insurance is up 13%. FEES ARE GOING UP BY 10% - 15%.
              Jiggers, EA

Comment

Working...
              X