Quote Originally Posted by taxea View Post
2018 tax issues have not been finalized. Are you asking for withholding purposes? If so, no matter the age, a single taxpayer should file a single-0 W-4. If for any other reason then research irs.gov
Laura -Under the circumstances described, a client could pay their child (to do legit work), get a deduction to save taxes on the parent's return yet the kid owes no tax. A win-win situation.

My clients love me when I have such advice for them.