Taxact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TaxAct works for me!

Taxact does everything I need at a great price. A week or so ago they called and offered me unlimited e-filing, the professional 1040 software and all states for $525 if I paid now. I jumped on it! I have been using them since they began around 1999 or so. I even used them before they were Taxact and went under PTE.....Parson's Personal Tax Edge. I used PTE from 94-96 and then they were bought out or something. For a few years.....I believe 97 and 98 I had to use ProSeries. ProSeries cost more and I thought PTE/TaxAct were easier to use and did everything I needed. I've also been preparing a few 1065s and 1120s returns (for my day job) with TaxAct for the past seven or eight years w/ no complaints. You should take a look at TaxAct.

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
      Taxact does everything I need at a great price. A week or so ago they called and offered me unlimited e-filing, the professional 1040 software and all states for $525 if I paid now. I jumped on it! I have been using them since they began around 1999 or so. I even used them before they were Taxact and went under PTE.....Parson's Personal Tax Edge. I used PTE from 94-96 and then they were bought out or something. For a few years.....I believe 97 and 98 I had to use ProSeries. ProSeries cost more and I thought PTE/TaxAct were easier to use and did everything I needed. I've also been preparing a few 1065s and 1120s returns (for my day job) with TaxAct for the past seven or eight years w/ no complaints. You should take a look at TaxAct.

Great you saved $50 by paying early.

TaxAct Professional is designed for every CPA, accountant, and tax professional. E-file your federal and state tax returns using our professional tax filing services.
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404
        And the point of your response to Ross is exactly WHAT ??

FE
        It was nice of Taxact to call the OP and offer the discount. It is not offered on their website. There should be no confusion here??
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I have not used TaxAct in a while but I do seem to recall that it had a Forms Entry mode and a Q&A mode for those who need to be asked questions.

If it does what you need done, all the power to you. As I stated in an earlier post the OP needs to demo each software with his own tax return types prepared to see which meets his need. I was not trying to knock one software vs. other.

Comment

Working...
          X