Request forms from IRS online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request forms from IRS online

Any one knows the site to request for form 1099s and W2 from IRS online?

Originally posted by liberty View Post
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

You can order from IRS.gov.

Peggy Sioux

Comment

If you're looking for 1099's and 1096's for 2017, I have a bunch of them I'd be glad to send you. If you're paper filing, you're going to need the rest copies anyhow and IRS doesn't furnish them. (I accidentally ordered twice what I needed and am going to throw them away sooner or later). Just PM me you want some - no charge.

Come to think of it, I have some prior years as well.
        Last edited by JohnH; 05-10-2018, 09:05 PM.
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

If you're looking for 1099's and 1096's for 2017, I have a bunch of them I'd be glad to send you. If you're paper filing, you're going to need the red copies anyhow and IRS doesn't furnish them. (I accidentally ordered twice what I needed and am going to throw them away sooner or later). Just PM me you want some.

"The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
            If you're looking for 1099's and 1096's for 2017, I have a bunch of them I'd be glad to send you. If you're paper filing, you're going to need the red copies anyhow and IRS doesn't furnish them. (I accidentally ordered twice what I needed and am going to throw them away sooner or later). Just PM me you want some.

Are you positive that the IRS furnished forms do not include the "red" forms in the package? Believe it is included.
            Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Are you familiar with the IRS website?

It is easy to navigate on the website.
              Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
                Are you positive that the IRS furnished forms do not include the "red" forms in the package? Believe it is included.
                I guess I jumped too quickly on that answer. You can't download the red forms, but I guess they can be ordered. I haven't done that in a long time - I just buy sets from the supplier. That's probably because I want to have an active account with them in case I need additional forms on short notice. In any event, they're fairly cheap. This year I just happened to get in a hurry and submitted a second order, so I have quite a few leftovers. I'll send them to anyone who needs a few, at least until I decide to do some house cleaning.

Comment

Perhaps there was some miscommunication or misunderstanding between the two posters that are very active on this board. It happens in life! Let's put that in the past and start discussing tax issues again...

Thanks.
                  Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
                  X