• Show
Clear All

???

Originally posted by Bees Knees

My seminar attendance schedule this fall will be as follows:

Discussion on Ethics
    Mermaid on Hwy 10 in Mounds View, MN
    Speaker is Paul Roberts

look for the guy wearing glasses in the back of the room.
    Speaker Roberts is lecturing on ethics while embracing a mermaid? Seems somewhat inappropriate to me, if not an out-and-out breach of "ethics" altogether.

Re: "the guy...in the back of the room": A Yankee instructor quipped to our Memphis seminar class, "Ordinarily I'd be encouraged -- seeing students turn out an hour before class starts; obviously anxious to drink from the well of knowledge. But...I've been around a bit. I know how you Southern boys look at these things -- you have to get here early to get a good seat in the back."

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart
      "Ordinarily I'd be encouraged -- seeing students turn out an hour before class starts; obviously anxious to drink from the well of knowledge. But...I've been around a bit. I know how you Southern boys look at these things -- you have to get here early to get a good seat in the back."
      I wouldn't say that is a Southern boy thing. That seems to be the case up here in the frozen tundra as well. It means you are first in line to eat, first in line for coffee break, first in line to leave at the end of the day, and as far away from the speaker as possible in case you fall asleep.

Comment

Exactly right.

Originally posted by Bees Knees
        It means you are first in line to eat, first in line for coffee break, first in line to leave at the end of the day, and as far away from the speaker as possible in case you fall asleep.
        I couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

You are also close to any noises, which might prohibit you from listening. People getting their coffee and second and/or third donut, door banging from cell phone users and people taking away their second helping off coffee, and you are close to the receptionist, desperatly trying to find someone of help to find a requested seminar attendee. He/she might even wake you up.

Comment

So Gabriel

Are you saying you are darned if you do and darned if you don't?
            I guess that leaves the end seat at the table in the middle of the room.
            Unless there is a broom closet close by you can sneak into.

Comment

Bees Knees

Thanks very much for your list. I wasn't going to attend the EA mtg in St. Cloud because I didn't like the drive, but I'll make an exception this yr. I'll look for you in the back of the room with me (glasses, old, opps I mean "seasoned" and short & bald). I'm also going to attend the NATP 1040 workshops in Bloomington.
              I have also purchased the credits from TMI this year. I'm not a read and take the test person, but I'll give it try this year.
              Seriously, I'm looking forward to meeting you.
              Larry

Comment

Bees Knees - Oops

Sorry about the previous msg. Guess I can't read. I saw your schedule and saw "St. Cloud" and the brain went to the EA mtg in Sept. So guess we won't meet there because I'll be taking the 1040 course in Bloomington. But we may meet in Mpls Dec 7 at the update seminar or at the Ethics one in Mounds View. Anyway, sorry about the mis-post.
                Larry

Comment

Working...
                X