Extensions and vouchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extensions and vouchers

Client wants an extension, he also wants to send in money. Can I efile the extension, then fill out the paper form to send the check with?

You can e-file the extension and print vouchers for your client, which they must mail by April 17, 2018. To me, it's easier to set an auto-draft from their account, but some TP's prefer to mail in a check.

Comment

If they are willing to do an electronic payment, I tell them to use IRS Direct Pay. That can combine filing the extension and the payment all at once, and minimizes the work that I need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
        Client wants an extension, he also wants to send in money. Can I efile the extension, then fill out the paper form to send the check with?
        Yes that is the proper way if they dont want EFT. Efile extension, print out the extension and enclose check. Mail it in. Or dont efile and mail extension and check in. OMG only 2 days left !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
          In this case, the instructions say the paper form 4868 should include the text "Extension request originally filed electronically" added in across the top of the form. My software does this automatically.
          "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Thanks for all the input. The extension list is getting longer every day.

Comment

Working...
            X