Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend

Another new one to me.
    TTB says to report Alaska Permanent Fund Dividends on line 21 on the 1040. Payor name is Eyak Permanent Fund Settlement Trust and dividends are reported in both boxes, 1a & 1b. AK preparer reported this income as dividends and a payment from another payor on line 21 as Alaska Permanent Fund income for which I don't know the source.

I am confused. Why would Eyak report qualified dividends if this is line 21 income? Does anyone know or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

As far as I can tell, Eyak is just a business, and those dividends have nothing to do with the Alaska Permanent Dividend.

Comment

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
      Another new one to me.
      TTB says to report Alaska Permanent Fund Dividends on line 21 on the 1040. Payor name is Eyak Permanent Fund Settlement Trust and dividends are reported in both boxes, 1a & 1b. AK preparer reported this income as dividends and a payment from another payor on line 21 as Alaska Permanent Fund income for which I don't know the source.

I am confused. Why would Eyak report qualified dividends if this is line 21 income? Does anyone know or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
      TTB might be referencing the Alaska Permanent Fund Dividends made by the Alaska Department of Revenue and reported on a 1099-MISC and one can verify the dividend amount to report on the the Alaska Department of Revenue website
      Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
      X