The Tax Book: Real Answers, Real Fast!       HOME       ORDER       ABOUT US       CONTACT

Thread: Distribution from estate-Where to put on tax return if no estate return filed

Threaded View

I have re-read your posts a couple of times and I think what you are saying is that a 1099MISC was received for 2017 for payments from the employer with no withholding. Even though Box 3 says Beneficiary/Estate payments it has the deceased's SSN on it. (Although "dated" 1/3/18?) Did you mean postmarked? Anyway, it apparently has been reported to the IRS for 2017 and needs to be reported correctly by the recipient (son?) Again, I would treat this same as the other one and report, then back out on Line 21, then report on son's return.
    Last edited by Burke; 04-16-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Similar Threads

1. Estate return
    By Roberts in forum Main Forum / Tax Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2015, 05:26 PM
  2. Estate with 2 PR's. Is only one PR required to sign Estate tax return?
    By AZ-Tax in forum Main Forum / Tax Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 02:42 PM
  3. Estate tax return
    By toby in forum Main Forum / Tax Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 04:17 PM
  4. estate tax return
    By Questionguy101 in forum Main Forum / Tax Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 07:09 AM
  5. Estate return