S-Corp Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S-Corp Owner

Taxpayer is shareholder of S-Corp that deals in commercial real estate. Taxpayer is not an employee of corporation and receives no wages. Taxpayer travels to S-Corp headquarters/commercial real estate which is out-of-state a few times a year. Being taxpayer is not an employee and therefore can't deduct as unreimbursed employee business expense, is there a way that the expenses can be deducted on taxpayer's individual tax return? I don't think there is but thought I would make sure I am not missing anything.

Peggy Sioux

Originally posted by peggysioux View Post
    Taxpayer is shareholder of S-Corp that deals in commercial real estate. Taxpayer is not an employee of corporation and receives no wages. Taxpayer travels to S-Corp headquarters/commercial real estate which is out-of-state a few times a year. Being taxpayer is not an employee and therefore can't deduct as unreimbursed employee business expense, is there a way that the expenses can be deducted on taxpayer's individual tax return? I don't think there is but thought I would make sure I am not missing anything.

Peggy Sioux
    Nope. Ask the Scorp to reimburse him is all you can do.

Chris

Comment

Also, as you may know, the owner should be on the payroll and getting a W-2 for "reasonable compensation".

Comment

Taxpayer is a passive shareholder and is not involved in the running of the business, thus no wages as employee.

Peggy Sioux

Comment

Working...
        X