Arkansas Hog Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arkansas Hog Diet

Ramen Plan: Slow goin' -- been on this one six months and still down only ten pounds per recent visit to doc and his dang, irritatin'ly accurate scales. Here's the layout.

Food:
    Breakfast -- nothin'
    Dinner (noon) -- one package of dry, fat-laden (per j.c.) ramen noodle soup plus some crackers (or not)
    Supper (5 PM) -- anything you want 'til midnight -- apply whatever self-restraint can be mustered relative to blue funk mood, financial difficulty, suicidal impulses, co-signed notes status, and/or various family crises.
    After midnight -- nothin'

Drinks: Dr. Pepper (non-diet) any time, all day, all night, no limit.
    Between Meals -- handfuls of potato chips (limit -- whatever your conscience can live with)

Switchin' to sump'n else. Ah'm off to th' backwoods cabin lab to concoct another one (I just love scientific stuff).
    Last edited by Black Bart; 08-27-2006, 08:22 AM.

You are torturing your body. When you skip breakfast, your body goes into survival mode and slows down it’s metabolism to prevent starvation. With the third world country diet for lunch, by dinner time, you go nuts eating everything in sight, just before bed when your body naturally shuts down the metabolism for sleep mode.

Just reversing the times you eat will shed pounds. Eat big at breakfast to get your body’s metabolism going, and stop eating after six since your body won’t burn any calories at night anyway.

Also, cut back on the sugar. Diet Dr. Pepper, not regular.

Sugar is like throwing gas on a fire. It flames up, but the fire will go out almost just as fast. What really stokes up the fire is getting those big logs to burn for long periods of time.

Your metabolism is like a burning fire. The bigger and hotter the fire, the more fuel (calories) are burned. Fats and complex carbohydrates are like those big logs. They burn slow and hot. Simple carbohydrates are like gasoline. They burn fast and quick, and spike your insulin levels. After eating a candy bar, for example, you get a quick burst of energy, but within 30 minutes, you are hungry for another one. The same with pastas, and any other simple carbohydrate. Complex carbohydrates, found in vegetables, and fats in meat will last longer because they don't spike your insulin levels, meaning you won’t be hungry again for hours.

Of course, nothing works as well at getting your metabolism going than exercise.

My advice is walk 5 miles first thing in the morning, then go in for a big breakfast. Eat everything in sight. Have a nice lunch and a light super. Eat raw vegetables, such as cauliflower and broccoli every two hours in between lunch and dinner, maybe once after dinner a few hours before bed. Do not eat any processed foods loaded with sugar. Look at the carbohydrates on the label before buying something and make sure most of those carbohydrates are complex, or fiber, not refined sugar. If the first or second ingredient on the label is sugar, do not buy it.

Stick to that, and you will lose more than 10 pounds.

Dr. Bees.
    Last edited by Bees Knees; 08-28-2006, 12:05 PM.

Comment

BB I am on a strickly SEAFOOD DIET I see food and I eat it. Which comes in handy up here in the Pacific NW because we have so much water.

Comment

Thank you doctor, but I've

Originally posted by Bees Knees

Eat raw vegetables, such as cauliflower and broccoli every two hours

Stick to that, and you will lose more than 10 pounds.

Dr. Bees.
        already doped out another plan in the lab: Hog Diet #2 - "Meat Method" (a mutant Adkins thing where, eventually, you will kill for a slice of bread).

Breakfast: one pound of bacon/nothing else (use 12 oz. package for faster results).
        Dinner: Nothing.
        Supper: Whatever you want.
        Drinks: Whatever you want.
        Nothing after midnight.

In-betweens: Conscience rules.
        Take one-a-day giant vitamin pill.

Okay so far (after breakfast and dinner). Will see if self-discipline lasts 'til 5 PM.

Sea-tax / sea-food / see-food. Pretty funny. Hadn't heard it called that before, but I've been on it for years.

I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And now I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli --- George W. Bush
        Last edited by Black Bart; 08-29-2006, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Arkansas Hog Diet

Also, cut back on the sugar. Diet Dr. Pepper, not regular.

Sugar is like throwing gas on a fire. It flames up, but the fire will go out almost just as fast. What really stokes up the fire is getting those big logs to burn for long periods of time.

WORSE, the Doctor and other soda's don't have Sugar, High Frutose Corn Syrup!
          "High Frutose Corn Syrup" is artificial surgar equiavent, found in way to many foods, the Human body doesn't digest it near as easy as Sugar(pure), thus your body hold onto it more, regrettably this is one of the major reasons that overweight is big right now >grin<

This is also the reason why Bill Clinton plan he pushed to get soda machines out of the schools won't work to fix the problem, A. Kids can bring sodas, B. the "Corn Syrup and worse High Frutose Corn Syrup is used in a log of foods "bolona, hot dogs and even foods that are still served in the schools!

A better Diet to not be as big as a hog!

Decent breakfast, don't try to win an eating contest!
          Fair sized lunch!!!
          Decent dinner, but not large
          about 2 hours before bed a light snack, not fast food, or junk food!

Make some nice Tea, cook SOME Surgar into it as needed to taste, if you cook it into it over the stove you can use about 1/2 to 2/3 less what you would use adding in the glass, a big old pot and after it cools pour it into some old milk jugs and have it nice and cold!

even better if you can do away with Surgar, or some some without for the late night!
          (until your body is use to it don't drink late, or an accident may happen about 1am!)

<HEHE>

Comment

I don't think diet pop is good for you either. It appears to be highly addictive. Anyhow how can taking out sugar and putting in chemicals be a good thing?

Comment

Good things

Originally posted by veritas
              I don't think diet pop is good for you either. It appears to be highly addictive. Anyhow how can taking out sugar and putting in chemicals be a good thing?
              One good thing – not gaining weight and continuing a cycle of ending up a diabetic.

Another good thing – enjoying eating or drinking something sweet and yet not continuing a cycle of ending up a diabetic.
              JG

Comment

Working...
              X