Sales Tax Exemption for a new vehicle purchased in New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sales Tax Exemption for a new vehicle purchased in New York

I have a client that purchased a new vehicle in the state of New York in 2017. Are there any special provisions for a tax credit for this state? I live in Virginia and we do have a provisions. The client can select his or her income tax or the sale taxes on a new vehicle.

Originally posted by Thad View Post
    I have a client that purchased a new vehicle in the state of New York in 2017. Are there any special provisions for a tax credit for this state? I live in Virginia and we do have a provisions. The client can select his or her income tax or the sale taxes on a new vehicle.
    by tax law the TP is allowed to add the sales tax for a big ticket item to the sales tax the program calculates. If this total exceeds taxes paid, I always use it.
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Originally posted by Thad View Post
      I live in Virginia and we do have a provisions. The client can select his or her income tax or the sale taxes on a new vehicle.
      Actually the client can use the sales tax table amount AND add the car sales tax to it. Then if it is more than income taxes, he can use the larger of the two as a deduction on Schedule A. It is a deduction, not a credit.

Comment

Working...
      X