Missed Depreciation on Rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed Depreciation on Rental

Two prior accountants skipped depreciation on a rental building. They missed 2012, took depreciation in 2013, then missed 2014, 2015, and 2016. I can amend the last three years to get money back, but not 2012. Does this call for a 3115 instead?

Thanks for any input.

Yes.......

Comment

When you....

Originally posted by carolf View Post
      Two prior accountants skipped depreciation on a rental building. They missed 2012, took depreciation in 2013, then missed 2014, 2015, and 2016. I can amend the last three years to get money back, but not 2012. Does this call for a 3115 instead?

Thanks for any input.
      say "prior accountants" what does that mean? Are they tax preparers, bookkeepers, licensed accountants? Reason asking is that the word "accountant" is used sometimes in a generic way and does an injustice to the profession.

Thanks
      Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

I have seen over 10 years of missed depreciation, Just file a 3115 and correct the issue. The year you fix it depending on other income it may cause a NOL.
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
        X