estimated payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

estimated payments

The client doesn't remember if they made estimated payments for federal. How do I verify the payments mailed in with coupon 1040es

Thanks

Originally posted by Littrell View Post
    The client doesn't remember if they made estimated payments for federal. How do I verify the payments mailed in with coupon 1040es
    Have client obtain a Tax Account Transcript either online or by phone.

" Note: If you made estimated tax payments and/or applied an overpayment from a prior year return, you can request this transcript type a few weeks after the beginning of the calendar year to confirm your payments prior to filing your tax return."
    "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

If I have access to account transcript through canopy software. Can I get that information without bothering the client

Comment

Does the....

Thanks
        client remember if they have a bank account? If yes, check the bank statements for payments.
        Last edited by TAXNJ; 02-18-2018, 09:02 PM.
        Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Contact....

If I have access to account transcript through canopy software. Can I get that information without bothering the client
          Canopy customer service. What do you use Canopy for?
          Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Why don't you try it and report back?
            "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Working...
            X