8332 question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8332 question.

So in the past we have always just mailed in the 8332's along with the 8453. I see where many attach a pdf of the signed 8332 when efiling. And we are going to attach a pdf of the signed 8332 starting this year. In your opinion does the 8332 and 8453 still need to be mailed ? I have searched for answers and they vary (of course). Some dont mail it in, some do. How do you handle it ? And if you dont mail the 8832 and 8453 in, has there been any issues ?

This is from form 8332 instructions. These lead me to think they still need mailed in. But the form and instruction are old. Prior to the ease of attaching pdf's to returns.

Note. If you are filing your return
    electronically, you must file Form 8332
    with Form 8453, U.S. Individual Income
    Tax Transmittal for an IRS e-file Return.
    See Form 8453 and its instructions for
    more details.

Comment

Called help desk and IRS rep said he wasnt 100% sure, but if pdf is attached then dont mail it in. He recommended calling my software provider So..... Who knows for sure. We only have a few clients with the 8332, so we will just attach the pdf and be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Twin Turbo Z View Post
        Called help desk and IRS rep said he wasnt 100% sure, but if pdf is attached then dont mail it in. He recommended calling my software provider So..... Who knows for sure. We only have a few clients with the 8332, so we will just attach the pdf and be done.
        My understanding is when you a pdf a form that gets e-filed with return it's the same as if you paper mailed it and the entire return. In other words, no reason to pdf and mail the 8332.

Comment

Working...
        X