Extenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spanel View Post
    You guys must have more time than me. I'll happily do the amendment.. probably like $50. No way am I doing an amendment for free for something the client created.

They are not going to "go down the street" as you say. Plus they are going to pay WAY more than that anyway.

Anyone with any kind of volume, you can figure 50+ clients with just the PMI deduction being significant alone. I'm not doing that many amendments for nothing.

Chris
    Chris I am not trying to pick an fight here, but just put the shoe on the other foot! Did you ever feel nickel and dimed by another service provider for a small favor?
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by spanel View Post
      You guys must have more time than me.
      How exactly does the amount of time involved change if it's charge or no charge?

Comment

I read a suggestion, yesterday, which came in an email from Tax Mama. Her suggestion is that TP's strongly consider an extension on their 2017 returns because some members of Congress are submitting a bill to bring back several deductions that were loss for various reasons. I recommend we all research it.
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Federal tax changes

Originally posted by Nashville View Post
          ATSMAN Here's why:

Jimmy Politico, back home in his state: "Elect me, and I'll stand up for [your state] values! We've had enough of Washington thinking running things the wrong way. It's time time you had someone to fight for your healthcare values, immigration values, tax values, birth values, and everything else you believe in."

John Q Public: "You go, Jimmy! Go up there and do all that!!"

Jimmy Politico, in Washington: "What do you lobbyists want me to do? I don't care what I told those ignorant voters in [your state], I'll sell out in a heartbeat."

ATSMAN, I'm sure up where you're from you have honest politicians, not like the ones down here. Everyone lives in nice houses with well-trimmed lawns, has good jobs, and are smart enough to vote for effective representatives.
          It would be nice, imho, if the moderator of this forum limited "political" posts to those days which are spelled, in US English, with a Q.
          Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post
            How exactly does the amount of time involved change if it's charge or no charge?
            The time doesn't change. But I would rather work on things that make me money.

I do free amendments.. dont get me wrong... but those are going to be things that I made a mistake on.

If a client has a choice to wait or file now and they choose to file now, that is on them. I would also make sure they know that as well and there will be an additional charge if you ask me to do more work that I already gave you the choice to wait (which would not make me work any additional amount).

Maybe that just me. If I paid for work to be done and additional work came up... I dont expect it to be free.

Chris

Comment

Working...
            X