4th Qtr Federal Tax Deposit correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th Qtr Federal Tax Deposit correction

I have had to make a few corrections just in the 4th qrt., we need to pay a bit more to State - my question is, do I need to go back into each deposit due month and deposit what was short in Oct in Oct, and what is due in Nov in Nov, and Dec in Dec...or can I just make one more total deposit for the 4th quarter? IN
    Last edited by Coal; 01-11-2018, 04:46 PM. Reason: IN

Originally posted by Coal View Post
    I have had to make a few corrections just in the 4th qrt., we need to pay a total of $540.52 more to State - my question is, do I need to go back into each deposit due month and deposit $182.59 in Oct, and what is due in Nov in Nov, and Dec in Dec...or can I just make one more total deposit for the 4th quarter? IN
    Thanks!
    By IN, do you mean the state is Indiana? If so, Oct and Nov will be late and incur a 10% penalty. To correct previously filed returns, you need to send them a message via INTAX as to what you want to change. Another way to handle it would just be to pay the shortage with WH3.

Comment

Yes, thank you, I was trying to delete it because I realized how screwed up I had it sounding, but I couldn't figure it out. Thanks so much for your time!

Comment

Working...
      X