Payroll program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payroll program

Want to buy a payroll program- would like to use for several businesses. Want to be able to print checks
    Any recommendations?

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
    Want to buy a payroll program- would like to use for several businesses. Want to be able to print checks
    Any recommendations?

QuickBooks would handle it. If you sign up as a ProAdvisor, you can use it for up to 50 EINs. I, and every one I've talked to about it, hate the Online version. Desktop version has much better reporting.

Comment

QBDT. Medlin. Accountants' World. Peoples' United Bank/Sage. Your software prep might have a payroll module, or your accounting software have a payroll module. Your friendly, local bank might offer DIY payroll, or your credit card processor.

Comment

I use CFS Payroll - have been for about 15-20 years - it's an after-the-fact payroll system, company is based in Simi Valley, California.
        call 1 -800-343-1157
        Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Do you already have the company's check stock to print checks?
          I second Quickbooks Desktop and sign up as ProAdvisor. I pay about $800 a year. My bookkeeping/payroll service more than covers it.
          I used another program that would link up to Quickbooks to print out payroll checks on blank check stock using MICR ink. They changed the program and it doesn't work anymore. So now I just send client's payroll stubs. They write the checks. Just have a few that does this.

Quickbooks Online.... I hate it! I am now cleaning up QBO accounts. It can be as messy as QB Desktop files if not more and full of bugs. I know some ProAdvisors are really pushing it but I just don't like it at all. QBO rant ended

Comment

We print a lot of checks for our clients, so we need to have check stock. For that reason, we use AME ("Accounting Made Easy"). It's not a perfect software, but it does allow you to use blank check stock and print w/ each customer's bank information. This easily outweighs the downsides of the software in terms of management and potential liability. Plus it allows you to process payroll in any number of ways- gross to net, net to gross, after the fact, etc. No too expensive either.

Comment

My tax program has 941, 1099 w-2, etc i just need payroll

Comment

Payroll Service

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
                My tax program has 941, 1099 w-2, etc i just need payroll
                If you only need a payroll service try Paychex or ADP

Comment

Advance Micro Solutions (AMS) Payroll Software is excellent and reasonably priced. I have been using it for about 15 years.

Comment

ill look into it, thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X