Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the proposed tax changes with mortgage interest/ real estate tax affect rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the proposed tax changes with mortgage interest/ real estate tax affect rental

Are the limits on re tax and loss of mortgage interest just on sch A or is this going to also affect sch C and E. If so I can see this really hurting investment in residential and commercial real estate and housing in general. One would think rents and lease amounts would rise making it harder for the people they say they want to help obtain affordable housing.

Originally posted by Bucky View Post
    Are the limits on re tax and loss of mortgage interest just on sch A or is this going to also affect sch C and E. If so I can see this really hurting investment in residential and commercial real estate and housing in general. One would think rents and lease amounts would rise making it harder for the people they say they want to help obtain affordable housing.
    It is my understanding that it does not impact Sch C or Sch E for rental/business activity.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
    X