tax reform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tax reform

so much is made about reducing the number of tax brackets. I don't understand how shrinking to 3 (or 4) marginal brackets would be beneficial. a lot of effort is currently involved in structuring T.I. so as to limit exposure to the next higher marginal bracket. wouldn't it make sense to have many more brackets ( not less ) ? a jump from 15% to 25% is (for example) significant. wouldn't having more marginal brackets somewhat mitigate the effect of this ? tax amounts are easy to calculate or read from a page table. tax "simplification" doesn't seem to have much to do with reducing the number of marginal brackets.

Originally posted by RWG1950 View Post
    so much is made about reducing the number of tax brackets. I don't understand how shrinking to 3 (or 4) marginal brackets would be beneficial. a lot of effort is currently involved in structuring T.I. so as to limit exposure to the next higher marginal bracket. wouldn't it make sense to have many more brackets ( not less ) ? a jump from 15% to 25% is (for example) significant. wouldn't having more marginal brackets somewhat mitigate the effect of this ? tax amounts are easy to calculate or read from a page table. tax "simplification" doesn't seem to have much to do with reducing the number of marginal brackets.
    I believe the proposed Senate Bill has seven brackets.

Comment

Working...
    X