Intuit Proconnect Free software offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intuit Proconnect Free software offer

I received a "credit card looking" thing with an offer for Free ProSeries if I sign up by 11/30/2017 and do refund transfers.

Anyone else receive this offer? What is involved? What is the catch?
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Sounds like

1 - A trial.

2 - a scam (TRICK or TREAT)

Call intuit to find out details if real offer
    Last edited by TAXNJ; 10-31-2017, 08:38 AM.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
      I received a "credit card looking" thing with an offer for Free ProSeries if I sign up by 11/30/2017 and do refund transfers.

Intuit Proconnect is not ProSeries. It's Intuits cloud based tax software.

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post

What is a "credit card looking" thing?

As Kathy mentioned, does it say "ProSeries", or just "ProConnect"? I suspect whatever they are offering is a limited version or limited number of returns.

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post
        Intuit Proconnect is not ProSeries. It's Intuits cloud based tax software.
        Although the term ProConnect is most often used with the Online tax software, Intuit rebranded everything so Lacerte and ProSeries now fall under the "ProConnect" group.
        Industry-leading professional income tax software for individual or business returns. Try any of our professional tax software free.

Comment

Originally posted by TaxGuyBill View Post
          What is a "credit card looking" thing?

As Kathy mentioned, does it say "ProSeries", or just "ProConnect"? I suspect whatever they are offering is a limited version or limited number of returns.

Although the term ProConnect is most often used with the Online tax software, Intuit rebranded everything so Lacerte and ProSeries now fall under the "ProConnect" group.
          https://proconnect.intuit.com/
          The credit card looking this is a piece of plastic with my name and a bunch of serial #s. There is a valid from and expiry date. The letter with that says I must register by 11/30/2017 to get the free software! The card says both Intuit Proconnect and ProSeries.

Because there is a lack of disclosure (there is no free lunch), I am very suspicious of what the offer really is. They could have disclosed that in order to get the free software you must commit to X refund transfers valued at $X, or something like that.

I wanted to hear from other folks who have used this offer and what is the catch?
          Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

If you

If you "Because there is a lack of disclosure (there is no free lunch),". Don't you think you should contact Intuit or rather get more guesses from reply posters?

With so many scams going on trying to get individuals info - many fall prey to scams.
            Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
              If you "Because there is a lack of disclosure (there is no free lunch),". Don't you think you should contact Intuit or rather get more guesses from reply posters?

With so many scams going on trying to get individuals info - many fall prey to scams.
              I did link to the web address in the letter and it basically took me to the Intuit website and compared their tax prep products with their competitors. I could not find the fine print for this particular offer. There is a toll free # to call a rep. but since I am satisfied with my software I am not interested in switching at this time.

I was more curious if others have received the same offer and if they signed up for it.

Comment

I do not offer bank products and none of my clients have ever been interested in these, so I tossed my offer in the shredder. I assume when you sign up, you will agree to do a certain number of them and pay the difference if you do not achieve those goals. That is how most of these offers generally work. Again, I did not read the document, I just fed it to my shredder.
                Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dtlee View Post
                  ..... Again, I did not read the document, I just fed it to my shredder.
                  That is exactly what I ended up doing after I could not find the fine print at their website!

Comment

Working...
                  X