The Tax Book: Real Answers, Real Fast!       HOME       ORDER       ABOUT US       CONTACT

Thread: Medicare/HSA

Threaded View

Great find, thanks, guys. I am not convinced either but will leave it up to the client if she wants to amend the tax return or take the chances of IRS sending a notice.

Another issue are the 2017 HSA contributions which were made through payroll. I did not find any guidance on how to deal with this since these are not employer contributions but only paid through the employer after deducting from paychecks . I assume the employer will need to withdraw the funds and earnings and then do another paycheck taxing her for the part of the contributions.
    Last edited by Gretel; 09-08-2017 at 06:59 PM. Reason: thinking mistake corrected

Similar Threads

1. HSA and Medicare
    By ruthc in forum Main Forum / Tax Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 10:07 AM
  2. New Medicare Tax
    By Nashville in forum Main Forum / Tax Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2014, 10:51 PM
  3. the new medicare tax
    By JenMO in forum Main Forum / Tax Discussion
    Replies: 1