Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update WAS completed today

Originally posted by Uncle Sam View Post
    That is because it's NOT open yet. I called IRS at the phone number listed, and was told the renewal for next year is not operating yet.
    All you get on the final certificate where it says PTIN - is ASFP 2017 instead of your PTIN number, even though the next line says Application 2018 Renewal.
    Then I must truly be hallucinating. . .

Just logged in again at https://rpr.irs.gov/datamart/mainMenuUSIRS.do as "Returning User" and my PTIN definitely now shows PTIN Expiration: 12/31/2018

(I never talked to anyone at the IRS via telephone. Generally avoid such. . .)

FE

Comment

I just logged in and like Twin Turbo Z there was no button to click on or means by which to renew. Very frustrating.

Comment

PTIN Renewal

Got mine a few minutes ago. The only glitch was that it did not recognize City of Sunrise.

I had to replace it with Ft. Lauderdale

Brian
        Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Originally posted by Gene V View Post
          Got my renewal done.

Evidently not all preparer can renew early.

Congratulations! To thank you for repeatedly renewing your Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) early, you have the opportunity to renew your PTIN before the season opens to other tax return preparers.
          They know you are a willing guinea pig, to help them get the bugs out.
          "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Just checked again. No drop down option to renew on my account or my wife's account. Must take time to propagate through the system. If no access by this time next week , I will give them a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Twin Turbo Z View Post
              Just checked again. No drop down option to renew on my account or my wife's account. Must take time to propagate through the system. If no access by this time next week , I will give them a call.
              Twin
              I guess I'm one of the guinea pigs (according to Rapid Rapid) see quote above--I got a letter saying I could renew between Oct 16-18, otherwise I could
              renew later in the week.---If you didn't get a letter, then you can renew later this week or month.

Comment

Ptin Renewal

I was able to renew mine and six of my employees yesterday. The other two I called they said sometime in the next two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by MDEA View Post
                  I was able to renew mine and six of my employees yesterday. The other two I called they said sometime in the next two weeks.
                  The PTIN site was "down" for maintenance late last night and this morning, I am being offered renewal for the first time. Perhaps it is now available to all.
                  Doug

Comment

Just go mine done.

Comment

Worked Exceptionally Fast This year!

I got the confirmation e-mail within 10 minutes!
                      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
                      X