tax software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tax software

Has anyone reviewed " MyTAXPrepOffice" software. I have been a Drake user for probably 15 years but last year they really let Ohio preparers down by taking forever getting the Ohio and city programs out to us and little if any communication as to why.

Been a ProSeries user for years and they dropped the ball big time this year too. We are in Ohio and they were late with Ohio and city updates too. We were going to demo Drake, but maybe not if they had issues too. Have not heard of the software you mentioned though.

Comment

Drake and Intuit are both reputable companies. Have you considered the possibility that the Ohio problem may have been because of some thing to do with the great state of Ohio!
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
        Drake and Intuit are both reputable companies. Have you considered the possibility that the Ohio problem may have been because of some thing to do with the great state of Ohio!
        Excellent point.

Notice it's the software being the problem lately. Some states get the specifications to software vendors at different times. So it may be wise to ask the software vendors about their release dates at the beginning of the season.
        Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
          Excellent point.

Notice it's the software being the problem lately. Some states get the specifications to software vendors at different times. So it may be wise to ask the software vendors about their release dates at the beginning of the season.
          Nothing to do with the state. Was Intuits slacking. Was program errors and glitches. Nothing changed from last year with local forms and State forms. Was told it had to do with the "new preparer login protocol". All in all, I shouldn't complain. I've only had to nag support maybe 10 times in the past 20+ years or so. But.... 8 of those were this year.

Comment

Working...
          X