• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ptin

For your reading pleasure

Originally posted by New York Enrolled Agent View Post
    Thanks.

If it stands. Maybe past fees will be reimbursed.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Thanks, NYEA, for the heads-up and link to that decision. Did you notice the blatantly incorrect statement in the first sentence on page 2 under the heading "A. Statutory and Regulatory Framework?" Every American? Hardly!!
      Roland Slugg
      "I do what I can."

Comment

PTIN registration and renewal currently suspended

PTIN System Down

On June 1, 2017, the United States District Court for the District of Columbia upheld the Internal Revenue Service’s authority to require the use of a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN), but enjoined the IRS from charging a user fee for the issuance and renewal of PTINs. As a result of this order, PTIN registration and renewal is currently suspended.

The IRS, working with the Department of Justice, is considering how to proceed. As additional information becomes available, it will be posted on our Tax Pros page.

Comment

I, for one, am totally against what the courts are doing on the issue of regulating taxpreparers. Don't they understand how many crooks there are out there?
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Originally posted by taxea View Post
            I, for one, am totally against what the courts are doing on the issue of regulating taxpreparers. Don't they understand how many crooks there are out there?
            Don't blame the courts. They don't write laws. Let Congress pass the correct legislation to regulate unenrolled tax return preparers.

In my opinion the tax prep industry should move to a self regulated system like the securities industry.
            Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Working...
            X