MA Refund Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MA Refund Delay

Anyone filing in MA experience refund delays over 8 weeks?

Website and Customer service say it is processing and no estimate of when refund will be released?
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

There is a delay

I have had to speak with DOR a couple times and each time they said they have instituted more anti-fraud things and it is causing large delays. Both people sounded very disturbed about it. I think they will have to do something about it for 2017.

Comment

I only do 5 returns for family and in the past there was no reason to pay $20 to electronically file MA when you could get direct deposit in about a week. this year was different: it took 4 weeks before refunds were deposited, so for my last return I efiled and got refund in about 3 days. they changed their way of doing things for this year, not sure what happens next year.

Comment

Originally posted by taxmom34 View Post
        I only do 5 returns for family and in the past there was no reason to pay $20 to electronically file MA when you could get direct deposit in about a week. this year was different: it took 4 weeks before refunds were deposited, so for my last return I efiled and got refund in about 3 days. they changed their way of doing things for this year, not sure what happens next year.
        Who charges $20 for MA E-File?

I think this delay also has to do with the budget shortfall of MA and the fact that MA DOR made a big mistake with refunds earlier in the year.
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I get HRB software ( I get 5 free fed efiles) and they charge $20 to efile MA.

Comment

Anyone getting Refund?

I have called the MA DOR a few times and get the same answer. The return was done fine, but they don't know when the refund is coming. Anyone still waiting? They received my client's return at the end of March. My client is getting so irritated at the situation.

Comment

Working...
            X