Latest tax preparer proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest tax preparer proposal

The National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP) believes that all taxpayers should be supported by caring and well-educated tax professionals.

I'm crossing my fingers that it makes it this time.
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Originally posted by taxea View Post
    https://www.natptax.com/TaxKnowledge...m_campaign=tpw

I'm crossing my fingers that it makes it this time.
    If I am not mistaken the last time around, most of the Repub. members objected to Obama's proposal. So will they support it now just because we have a President from the same party?
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Don't know but wasn't willing to get involved then...perhaps they will reconsider now that there is a law and order President. He knows better than most what the loopholes are because he ticked off the other side by making use of them. Between Trump and legally regulating tax preparers we would all have it made. It will make it much harder for the cheaters to cheat. I sure don't understand why everybody wouldn't want that to happen.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

If the goal is to cut down on tax cheats any action that does not address the DIY crown is merely a band-aid. Adding another 5-10 pages of due diligence or the threat of more penalites will only affect honest professional preparers. Want to cut down on tax fraud and refund fraud in particular?
        1. No e-filing except through an ERO.
        2. No direct deposit. If you are claiming a fraudulent refund you must commit bank fraud as well to close the deal.
        3. No refunds on debit cards.
        In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
        Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Working...
        X