1095-a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1095-a

Curious, did you get very many of these forms?

My own kids. Not many. Not any that I can remember other than my PA kids who qualified for that marketplace after having a child a year and a half ago.

Comment

I got more than I wanted to get. I still had to send people home to look for them. They were in an envelope and the 1095-A was not on the top page, so clients did not see them.

One of the biggest problems was people that did not pay for the insurance did not even realize how many months they had it.

One client had it for Jan of 2016 and did not even know it. He paid for January in December of 2015 and swore he did not have it at all in 2016.....until the letter came from IRS. I asked him over and over about it before completing his return.

Comment

My issue was the same. Clients who swore they never had it until the letter came. We quickly learned to ask the question 3 different ways and still got burned.

Comment

Originally posted by SHADE TREE TAX SERVICE View Post
          My issue was the same. Clients who swore they never had it until the letter came. We quickly learned to ask the question 3 different ways and still got burned.
          I did the same thing. I even had them look at their bank statements to be sure they had not sent a payment in December of 2015. I also told them to look at home for the 1095-A and described the packet it came in. They didn't find them until after the IRS letter came. All their extensive searching, according to client, did not produce the 1095-A until after the letter. This client was a FREE relative return.

Comment

Working...
          X