Another 1099-M 'other income' question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 1099-M 'other income' question

Ok, I have another situation where a family member got a 1099 M with income reported in the "other income" box. This was money for sitting with a close family member, paid by the estate. I am questioning putting this on "other income" on 1040 because she also was in the business of home health care in 2016 and sat with 2 other people. So I know those other two people goes on the schedule C, just wondering about this 1099-M. Is payments listed as "other income" in itself enough to argue that it goes on 1040?

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
    Ok, I have another situation where a family member got a 1099 M with income reported in the "other income" box. This was money for sitting with a close family member, paid by the estate. I am questioning putting this on "other income" on 1040 because she also was in the business of home health care in 2016 and sat with 2 other people. So I know those other two people goes on the schedule C, just wondering about this 1099-M. Is payments listed as "other income" in itself enough to argue that it goes on 1040?
    Nope. Just because the person filling out the form put it in the wrong box, doesnt mean you also do the same.

If they received other 1099's and that it what they do.. then it all goes on the same Sch C

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
      If she files Sch C for this type of service and was paid by the estate then I would include it as Sch C income.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
      X