Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Massage therapist deducting chiropractic on Sch C???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taxea View Post
    I don't deny that it may be deductible on Sch A...I think it is a personal expense. I was not aware that out-of-pocket medical expenses other than premiums would be expensed on Sch C if the premiums are applicable to be expenses on Sch C. Sometimes one just has to state the obvious.
    Other than an employees premiums correct? Personal premiums would never be put on a sch C.

Chris

Comment

Taking personal stuff on Schedule C

Originally posted by spanel View Post
      Other than an employees premiums correct? Personal premiums would never be put on a sch C.

Chris
      From reading some recent responses here, I think the cogent answer to your question is . . ."it depends upon whom you ask!"

FE

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
        From reading some recent responses here, I think the cogent answer to your question is . . ."it depends upon whom you ask!"

FE
        Great reply and thanks for the smile it brings.
        Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
          I have gone to massage therapists for years and know a few personally. You try massaging a 200 pound man with tight muscles when you are a 120 pound woman. They have a very difficult job. Their hands and arms almost go numb at times. If they don't receive treatments themselves, they wouldn't be able to do their job for many years. They would wear out after 5 or 10 years. Most will begin to branch out into areas that are not so strenuous after a few years. I have one client that is going into being an esthetician because her wrists and hand are wearing out. Having massages and chiropractic treatments really is necessary to them being able to continue their work because it is so physical.

I also realize that IRS is not going to recognize this as a legitimate business deduction. I have told my client that. But it should be!!!!

How many of us go to a relaxing place for our continuing education because it is good for our mental health? We don't always pick the closest place. Hey, it we get a massage at the hotel we stay at while attending a seminar can we deduct that???????

Linda, EA
          Where is and what is the name of that seminar? "How many of us go to a relaxing place for our continuing education because it is good for our mental health? Hey, it we get a massage at the hotel we stay at while attending a seminar can we deduct that???????
          Last edited by TAXNJ; 04-14-2017, 10:42 AM.
          Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

I remember an EA from Chicago that used to come to Florida for seminars every year. They loved to come to Florida, sit by pool in evening, etc.

Linda EA

Comment

Working...
            X