Health Coverage Exemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health Coverage Exemption

I have a situation where a taxpayer is claiming a son that is too old for a family policy, would need his own. My software won't do 2 worksheets. I can print a handwrite, no problem, my question is will the IRS want that worksheet for efiling? Or will they just be interested in the form? Thanks!!

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
    I have a situation where a taxpayer is claiming a son that is too old for a family policy, would need his own. My software won't do 2 worksheets. I can print a handwrite, no problem, my question is will the IRS want that worksheet for efiling? Or will they just be interested in the form? Thanks!!
    Which tax prep software?

Does it allow attachment of pdf.?

Don't be surprised if a IRS notice is received.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
      Which tax prep software?

Does it allow attachment of pdf.?

Don't be surprised if a IRS notice is received.
      It is ATX and I can attach a PDF

Comment

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
        Was the son covered under her policy for 2016? She qualifies to claim him due to low income and support requirements? Trying to figure out whether you are talking about 8962 or 8965.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
          Was the son covered under her policy for 2016? She qualifies to claim him due to low income and support requirements? Trying to figure out whether you are talking about 8962 or 8965.
          Yes, he qualified at qualifying relative, too old to be on her insurance. Turns out she had insurance all year, so only needed to do the exemption worksheet for him. Thanks though!!!

Comment

Working...
          X