1099-Misc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099-Misc

If taxpayer (rancher) paid rental expense and nonemployee compensation to one person, are the expenses combined on one 1099-misc - rents in box 1 and nonemployee compensation is box 7 or should two 1099-misc be issued?

Peggy Sioux

I don't see why it matters. They go in different places on the tax return.

Comment

1099-Misc

Originally posted by Burke View Post
      I don't see why it matters. They go in different places on the tax return.
      I am asking because a 1099-Misc needs to be filled out and wanted to confirm that both entries can be included in one 1099-misc.

Peggy Sioux

Comment

Originally posted by peggysioux View Post
        I am asking because a 1099-Misc needs to be filled out and wanted to confirm that both entries can be included in one 1099-misc.

Peggy Sioux
        Agree with BURKE. Also think the Form was due end of January. Instead of more time posting to this website it would be better by filing either one form or two than time posting here. No?

If looking for where to get a confirmation that would the IRS.
        Last edited by TAXNJ; 04-10-2017, 06:49 AM.
        Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
          Agree with BURKE. Also think the Form was due end of January. Instead of more time posting to this website it would be better by filing either one form or two than time posting here. No?

Seen plenty with both on it. Not that it really matters... File 1 or 2, your choice.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post

This is uncalled for and I do not believe than anyone needs to be reminded when 1099's are due.

Comment

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
              This is uncalled for and I do not believe than anyone needs to be reminded when 1099's are due.
              Totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
                My goodness your reply post requires a response.

Are you serious!! The original post could have been for forms applying to this year or last year.

Since when giving a reminder of the forms new due dates and by asking a question of the poster in a reply post, changed and now a requirement, deemed by you “uncalled for”.

There have been similar posts this year and late last year regarding the Form 1099 new due dates and other reply posters gave courtesy reminders of the form dates without the “uncalled for” comments. Did you miss those posts? This reply post was no different than the other posts of the due date reminder.

The reply post had nothing to do with and cannot help, if you and the other “totally agree” reply poster, misinterpreted and it resulted in not meeting your standards.
                Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
                X