Social Security and Medicare while receiving Social Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Security and Medicare while receiving Social Security

I just had a client call and ask if she still had to pay social security and medicare from her job since she is past retirement age and receiving social security.
    I told her that she still pays into social security even though she is receiving it. Am I right? I haven't been able to find anything that says otherwise. Online, I can only find info on how having a job impacts social security payments.

Originally posted by Clemrick View Post
    I just had a client call and ask if she still had to pay social security and medicare from her job since she is past retirement age and receiving social security.
    I told her that she still pays into social security even though she is receiving it. Am I right? I haven't been able to find anything that says otherwise. Online, I can only find info on how having a job impacts social security payments.
    Correct.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Clemrick View Post
      Consider getting TTB and other tax reference material (also take tax courses).
      Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Oh but the tax software is supposed to do everything, no training necessary

Comment

The IRS was right, the Courts (again) wrong!

Its time for congress to protect the American Taxpayer
          ONLY, licensed individuals should be allowed to prepare
          this important annual document (Tax Returns)
          for the public, for a fee!

Only licensed individuals are allowed to cut the public's hair, for a fee

An no watered down EA Exam, "The EA" Exam, or CPA, or Atty

Comment

Originally posted by claud46 View Post
            The IRS was right, the Courts (again) wrong!

Its time for congress to protect the American Taxpayer
            ONLY, licensed individuals should be allowed to prepare
            this important annual document (Tax Returns)
            for the public, for a fee!

Only licensed individuals are allowed to cut the public's hair, for a fee

An no watered down EA Exam, "The EA" Exam, or CPA, or Atty
            I agree. When I took the EA Exam, it was a very hard two-day exam. With strict security and no calculators or open book. I passed all 4 parts on the first try!
            Jiggers, EA

Comment

Working...
            X