Curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious

how many of you use online resources, such as checkpoint, etc and how many just use reference books such as TheTaxBook and similar? I am debating if I should use something like checkpoint or just use TTB again and maybe get a State of California guidebook and maybe something else. I used TTB last year and liked it, but it just always seems like there's those returns that are hard to find answers for no matter how much material you have. Checkpoint is very nice, but expensive. Feedback?

another question

I have is, for those of you in California, what reference material do you use when you need to dig further for California related issues? Last year, I used the CCH Guidebook to California Taxes.

Comment

flat on your desk

>> to dig further for California related issues<<

The CCH book has been the very best that I know of. It is quite complete and very accurate. Everything from Spidell is fabulous--except their big blue book, which I haven't tried since its first year. I expect it is much improved now, and plan to pick one up at the fall seminar.

I'm fortunate that somebody else pays for my Checkpoint access. It is indispensable for heavy-duty stuff, but it can never replace that handy comb-bound guide that lays flat on your desk!

Comment

research

I use checkpoint, TTB, and also subscribe to several PPC publications. I use all 3 products often, sometimes in conjunction with each other. I enjoy research and spend quite a bit on materials. Every year I tell myself I will mitigate the cost somewhat by using the PPC CPE for just $49 (with purchase of the publication) but then I always find interesting seminars and go to those instead!

Comment

Checkpoint is FREE,

If you use Drake software. I use it at least twice a week. Great stuff!

Comment

Working...
          X