NC Direct Deposit Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC Direct Deposit Info

I have done NC returns for years, but just noticed that Bank info does not appear anywhere on the return forms that I can see. Is this correct? The only place it shows up is on the NC EF worksheet, and NC does not require a signed form 8879. So how does a person who paper-files an NC return indicate direct deposit?

Direct deposit of NC refund

Originally posted by Burke View Post
    I have done NC returns for years, but just noticed that Bank info does not appear anywhere on the return forms that I can see. Is this correct? The only place it shows up is on the NC EF worksheet, and NC does not require a signed form 8879. So how does a person who paper-files an NC return indicate direct deposit?
    Although I've never crossed that bridge, so far as I know a NC D-400 return can initiate a direct refund deposit ONLY if the return is electronically filed. Otherwise "the check is in the mail."

Some TTB board members who (somehow) choose never to efile anything may be able to provide some better insight.

FE

Comment

That is correct. We neanderthals who still paper-file (with the appropriate hardship waivers from IRS of course) must tell the client that they can have their Federal return direct deposited, but the state of NC holds the direct deposit option hostage - it's only available to e-flingers.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Yes, found that info on NC tax website. Still never realized that the bank info does not appear anywhere on the return documents when printed. Only state I have come across where this happens (or doesn't happen.)

Comment

On efiling and NC tax returns

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
          That is correct. We neanderthals who still paper-file (with the appropriate hardship waivers from IRS of course) must tell the client that they can have their Federal return direct deposited, but the state of NC holds the direct deposit option hostage - it's only available to e-flingers.
          I've "e-flung" (?) a large number of tax returns to both IRS and numerous states in the last few years. The benefits of immediate acknowledgement of acceptance. . .or immediate rejection due to a problem where a resolution can be begun/repaired immediately (and not several months thereafter). . .cannot be overstated IMHO.

As for a hardship, I hardly find it such. For my 2ยข worth, I think the arrival of preparer efiling ranks right up there with the creation of a hand-held calculator (for those of us who know the term "adding machine.")

NCDOR can be extremely Neanderthal at times, so there's no need to feed that troll anything extra!

FE

Comment

For me, the definition of a "hardship" is giving in to anyone trying to make me do anything I don't want to do. That's essentially what I tell them on the application form each year, using slightly different words. And each year they write back saying I really didn't even need to apply because I'm covered by an administrative exemption: but since I did go to the trouble to apply, they're sending me an exemption number. So that's another year of e-flinging freedom for me. If I ever get declined, that's probably going to be the year I hang it up for good.
            Last edited by JohnH; 03-23-2017, 02:28 PM.
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
            X