E-file Attached 8332?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-file Attached 8332?

When you attach a pdf file of form 8332 to the 1040 is it sent with the efiled 1040 or does it still need to be mailed with a 8453 form to the IRS as the instruction letter printed by my tax program is stating?

[QUOTE=Justataxguy;185960]When you attach a pdf file of form 8332 to the 1040 is it sent with the efiled 1040 or does it still need to be mailed with a 8453 form to the IRS as the instruction letter printed by my tax program is stating?[/

If addition of your software you might want to review the form instructions for a definite answer.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Justataxguy View Post
      When you attach a pdf file of form 8332 to the 1040 is it sent with the efiled 1040 or does it still need to be mailed with a 8453 form to the IRS as the instruction letter printed by my tax program is stating?
      I keep the original in my file and efile with the 1040. IRS has never asked for the signed copy or required it to be sent with an with the 8453. If you find different please repost.
      I actually don't think they are concerned as long as the dependent/s SSN doesn't get filed on another return.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Originally posted by taxea View Post
        I keep the original in my file and efile with the 1040. IRS has never asked for the signed copy or required it to be sent with an with the 8453. If you find different please repost.
        I actually don't think they are concerned as long as the dependent/s SSN doesn't get filed on another return.
        See instruction for form 8453. Does that help?
        Last edited by TAXNJ; 03-20-2017, 10:38 PM.
        Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
        X