Proseries & 2106 too much reimbursed by employer for meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proseries & 2106 too much reimbursed by employer for meals

My truck driver got $153 too much per diem from his employer. I used the 2106 adjustment worksheet but the amount does not carry over to line 1 of the 1040 as wages. Anyone knows what I am doing wrong?

First of all, you should be looking for the $153 on F-1040 line 7, not line 1.

My software (not Proseries) transfers the excess amount correctly. Look and see if there is a screen or someplace to indicate if the amount paid by the employer is or is not reported on the employee's W-2. My software has a place to indicate that, and when I do, bingo ... the excess reimbursement shows up on F-1040, line 7.
    Roland Slugg
    "I do what I can."

Comment

Originally posted by Roland Slugg View Post
      First of all, you should be looking for the $153 on F-1040 line 7, not line 1.

My software (not Proseries) transfers the excess amount correctly. Look and see if there is a screen or someplace to indicate if the amount paid by the employer is or is not reported on the employee's W-2. My software has a place to indicate that, and when I do, bingo ... the excess reimbursement shows up on F-1040, line 7.
      Thanks, of course line 7, my mind was on 1st income line. I looked until I was blue in my face and the cross reference my software provides just points to the 2 input lines. If I use the regular per diem (not DOT) then it transfers. Maybe it's a bug in the system.

Comment

Working...
      X