BLT - Big Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLT - Big Problem

No, it's not bond leveraging techniques. It's a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, which is what I really want for lunch instead of the my diet ramen soup I'm supposed to have.

Say Bart

speaking of Bacon, have you been wild boar hunting? Killed a big old boar? Then make
    your own bacon?
    Believe your part of the country used to have a lot of them.

Comment

Check the label

Check the label if you use packaged ramen. Those crisp noodles have an astounding amount of fat, about 7 grams which is the SAME as two slices of cooked bacon.

Comment

How about some Strawberry Milk with that BLT!

Originally posted by Ground Bugs: What's Not on the Label May Hurt (or Disgust) You

Ice Cream, Strawberry Milk, Cherries
        Carmine is used in ice cream, strawberry milk, fake crab and lobster, fruit cocktail cherries, port wine cheese, lumpfish eggs and liqueurs like Campari, according to the FDA. Carmine's also used in lipstick, makeup base, eye shadow, eyeliners, nail polishes and baby products, the agency said.
        Cochineal extract is used in fruit drinks, candy, yogurt and some processed foods.
        Cochineal extract has long been made from the dried and ground female bodies of an insect called Dactylopius coccus costa. Indians living in pre-Columbian Mexico were the first to recognize the cactus-sucking insect could be used as a source of dye.

In the present day, when cochineal extract or carmine are included as ingredients, their presence can be noted simply as "color added." They're also sometimes listed as E120 on labels, according to the FDA.

Comment

An observation

Growing up in the 50s and 60s I don't recall diet being such a big deal. Not to mention the fact that there were not many big ppl like today. We ate real butter, eggs, bacon with abandon. Also lots of red meat, potatoes and finished up with homemade desert. Not the box stuff we have today. For me and my house I'm going with the 50s-60s diet.

Comment

Black Bart

Originally posted by Black Bart
            No, it's not bond leveraging techniques. It's a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, which is what I really want for lunch instead of the my diet ramen soup I'm supposed to have.
            Try the bacon bits.They are really good on a BLT and with less the fat.

Comment

Boars 'n' bacon

Originally posted by Bird Legs
              speaking of Bacon, have you been wild boar hunting? Killed a big old boar? Then make
              your own bacon?
              Believe your part of the country used to have a lot of them.
              No, I've never been boar hunting. I think most people go to Texas for that now. There used to be some Arkansas outfitters down close to y'all on the Red River that offered guide services.

Comment

Everybody loves Ramen

Originally posted by jainen
                Check the label if you use packaged ramen. Those crisp noodles have an astounding amount of fat, about 7 grams which is the SAME as two slices of cooked bacon.
                Hmm, didn't know that. Oh well, I just made up that diet myself, but I've lost eight pounds over six months (I don't see any point in rushing into these things) anyway. It might not be be the soup though, since I'm just skipping breakfast altogether (except when I occasionally have a pound of bacon) and having only soup and tea for lunch, then nothing 'til five.
                Last edited by Black Bart; 08-12-2006, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Soup 'n' insects

Originally posted by OldJack
                  How about some Strawberry Milk with that BLT!
                  Oh well, at least they're female insect bodies.

Comment

Old time chow

Originally posted by veritas
                    Growing up in the 50s and 60s I don't recall diet being such a big deal. Not to mention the fact that there were not many big ppl like today. We ate real butter, eggs, bacon with abandon. Also lots of red meat, potatoes and finished up with homemade desert. Not the box stuff we have today. For me and my house I'm going with the 50s-60s diet.
                    I still like all that stuff. I think the difference is that we don't really get out and work it off like we used to.

Comment

Blb

Originally posted by Donanita
                      Try the bacon bits.They are really good on a BLT and with less the fat.
                      Bacon on bacon? Hmm; never thought of that, but I'll give it a try -- I figure you can't go wrong with bacon no matter how it's served.

Comment

Bacon contains 144.9 calories per oz.

Noodles contain 212.2 calories per oz.

The interesting thing about dieting is that you lose weight when you take in less calories than you burn. You gain weight when you take in more calories than you burn.

Of course, burning calories may take place at different rates depending on the type of food consumed. But from an accountant’s perspective, you should lose more weight just eating bacon than ramen soup.

Comment

Bacon vs. ramen

Originally posted by Bees Knees
                          from an accountant’s perspective, you should lose more weight just eating bacon than ramen soup.
                          Thank you for that professional perspective.

Although I had not considered it, I am certainly a firm believer in following "doctor's" orders. I shall immediately (or as soon as I finish off those last 24 noodle packages) make the switch and cut back to a strict regimen of no more than twelve slices of bacon per day.

Comment

Keep in mind that a strict diet can be very taxing.

Comment

Okay Ed,

Should I put aside one strip or two strips for "estimated bacon?"

Comment

Working...
                              X