Trust 1041

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust 1041

Trust final year distributes all investment income to beneficiaries. $330,000 portfolio, and $9500 capital gain. Why is software putting an amount in the K-1s line 14 E and H. Why should there be a deduction from investment income for these individuals? I can not find instructions anywhere on how to calculate Box H when all income is distributed by Trust.

line 14 entries

The line 14 entries make sense: Code E lists net investment income to help determine the deduction limits for investment expenses and/or interest. Code H is to help determine the net investment tax.

Comment

Originally posted by snowshine View Post
      The line 14 entries make sense: Code E lists net investment income to help determine the deduction limits for investment expenses and/or interest. Code H is to help determine the net investment tax.
      Do you know how 14 H is calculated? I can not find this information anywhere for a trust that distributes all of its income. I only find a calculation for undistributed income. Where does this number come from? I want to be able to check the software.

Comment

What are you using as a resource for your research?
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

irs publications, 1041 instructions, 8960 instructions, K-1 instructions, the web. Not much out there, but I received some input from a fellow CPA who informed me that you use a shadow of the Trust's 8960 as if they did not distribute income. Can not find a reference for that, but it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
          X