Tax Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Software

Anyone know of a good tax program for business returns only.Have a good 1040 program but looking for 1120,1120s,1065,etc.Most companies have this bundled with a 1040 program but looking for a seperate program that doesn't cost me my first child.

Cost

Originally posted by Donanita
    looking for a seperate program that doesn't cost me my first child.
    Well, It's been a while since I had Lacerte (800-765-7777), but I was thinking they had a separate one for biz. They have excellent software.

If so, it won't cost you that much -- you can get it for just an arm and a leg.

Comment

Biz

How about a pay-per-return version of your desired business return software? I use ATX's PPR. It's their full Max, but I get 10 returns free (can purchase more in bundles of five or ten) with the $165 program. It has everything you could ever need, including all states and payroll returns and obscure personal forms, so you can use any combination of business and personal returns for your 10 returns. A return includes federal and state. Start by checking your own software to see if they offer a pay-per-return price for their business software. If not, get an ATX demo to check out. Get demos of any business software that offers pay-per-return pricing.

Comment

Lacerte

Originally posted by Black Bart
        Well, It's been a while since I had Lacerte (800-765-7777), but I was thinking they had a separate one for biz. They have excellent software.

If so, it won't cost you that much -- you can get it for just an arm and a leg.
        Yes Lacerte is excellent, I have been using it a long time. You can just use the business module separately, and pay per return. I have a large multi-state C Corp and Lacerte handles it well. phone is 1 800 933 9999. www.LSCSOFT.com

Comment

ATX & Lacerte

Are these menu driven programs. My software is and I don't like not seeing where my imput info is going to untill I view the return and them have to go back.I have used TaxWorks in the past and like to but them got a little pricey and charged for e-filing.I like the pay per return but didn't know is you had to purchase the bundle to get this for the business or not. My 1040 software is good and reasonably priced just the business part is not that great.
          Hey wouldn't to be great if TMI would start marketing tax software programs.How about it Brad.

Comment

I agree

I agree. It's extremely helpful to see the results on the tax form while your doing your data entry. With Lacerte, at any point during data entry, one can click the "forms" tab and see what the return looks like. I do this all the time.

Comment

Tax Software

Just so this board gets "equal representation", I believe CSI's UltraTax should be explored as well. It is very similar to Lacerte in program setup-i.e.-it is menu driven by section of the tax return with submenus for specific sections, and a forms click to check how it will show up on actual printout.
              Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Ultra Tax

Yes I'ave heard good things about Ultra Tax, it's certainly one of the best.

Comment

Tax Works

Donanita,

I am not for sure, but I think you can purchase just the business portion of TaxWorks, looks like it is about $495 for new users. Go to their website http://www.taxworks.com/Index.aspx and then you can locate a sales rep in your area.

I used Lacerte for many years until Intuit bought them out and the product became very pricey, so switched to TaxWorks in 2003 for all 1040's and business returns. About half the cost of LaCerte and the efile is less.

Sandy

Comment

S T

Thanks.I have used TaxWorks and like their program but looked for a program less expensive. TaxWorks business programs would work if they will let you purchase is without the complete package. I will call and check on this. Thanks again

Comment

But Sam,

Originally posted by Uncle Sam
                      Just so this board gets "equal representation", I believe CSI's UltraTax should be explored.
                      Then it would cost her the first child!

Comment

Tax Program

Give Universal Tax System "TaxWise" a shot before you make any decisions. Excellent form fill program.
                        Confucius say:
                        He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

Working...
                        X