Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Security Card with DHS authorization valid for filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Security Card with DHS authorization valid for filing?

I have a 17yr old client who works at a dairy and receives 1099-MISC with his SSN that says valid for work only with DHS authorization. Can I use his SSN to file his taxes? He does not have an ITIN. He is a dependent for his parent who do have ITIN numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by unzuetay View Post
    I have a 17yr old client who works at a dairy and receives 1099-MISC with his SSN that says valid for work only with DHS authorization. Can I use his SSN to file his taxes? He does not have an ITIN. He is a dependent for his parent who do have ITIN numbers. Any help would be appreciated.
    That DHS Authorization is for the employer not the tax return preparer.

If he has a 1099-Misc and the SS# matches what is on the SOC Card then I would go ahead and file under that.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
      That DHS Authorization is for the employer not the tax return preparer.

If he has a 1099-Misc and the SS# matches what is on the SOC Card then I would go ahead and file under that.
      Thanks for your opinion. I was leaning toward the same thing, but needed others input.

Comment

Working...
      X