Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing a spam report

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
    I think much of this "send us your spam emails" is similar to the "security theater" at the airports (also known as TSA). There is some marginal benefit, but most of it is a useless waste of time. But it gives people a warm fuzzy feeling of security some somebody claims to be looking out for them.
    I tend to agree with you at least 100%

FE

Comment

Making robo call blocker function

Originally posted by sandigi View Post
      I can't get this for my landline. Wish I could!! I'm on "do not call list" but still get my share of solicitors and robots. My answering machine is my trapper but still annoying just hearing the phone ring and then sometimes the machine tapes the whole message or if there is a hang up my machine tapes the hummmmmmm of the hangup until I pick up the phone and click off.
      It depends on your carrier AND your personal telephone account options.

So long as you have the ability to simultaneously ring a second telephone number (theirs!) then it should work.

The Do Not Call List is pretty much a total waste of time. . .see related comment by John H.

FE

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
        I'm thinking that when we forward phishing and scam emails to IRS, they take a look at it, say "Yep, it's a scam", and then they delete it. I doubt they actually take any action on these emails. I just delete it up front and avoid being be middle man in a useless exercise.
        On the contrary, they have actually been recently successful in investigation and convicting this type of crime.
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
        X