Business Purchase cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Purchase cost

TP purchase a business for 80k (he received access to websites and vip wholesale pricing for Travel Arrangement & Reservation Services) does this amount can be deduct it as a business expense under amortization or depreciation for life of 15 years?

according to the TTB 8-18- purchase of a business is capital expenses and cannot be amortized however TTB 8-5 Capital Cost- the cost of purchasing intangible business property are Capital cost that can be deducted through depreciation and amortization.

So which one is it?

In advance thank you for your replies

After further research I think I found the answer...the business purchase cost falls under amortizable section 197-intangibles TTB 9-11 Goodwill, Supplier based intangible, operating system, other rights granted by agency. Does this sound about right?

Comment

Originally posted by Melanie View Post
      After further research I think I found the answer...the business purchase cost falls under amortizable section 197-intangibles TTB 9-11 Goodwill, Supplier based intangible, operating system, other rights granted by agency. Does this sound about right?
      Sounds right to me.

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris

Comment

Who did he buy the service from...another business? If so, is there a covenant not to compete? Any "hard assets" sch as equipment, computers?

Comment

No assets only the system, suppliers list and rights to advertise

Comment

Working...
            X