Masking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masking

Can you mask the payers and recipients ss on a copy b on the 1099 Misc? Another preparer said that the payers number has to be all the ss number not just the last four numbers on the Copy B of the 1099 Misc. She said she needs the full number to put on a schedule E. I don't see anywhere on a schedule E it asks to enter the full ss in regard to the information on a 1099 Misc. She says her tax program will not let her efile the tax return without the full nine digits of the social security number being put on the schedule E. I do know you can't mask these numbers on the IRS copy. where on the schedule E would the ss numbers of the payer need to be that would not allow you to efile the return.

Originally posted by Geraldine Sleight View Post
    Can you mask the payers and recipients ss on a copy b on the 1099 Misc? Another preparer said that the payers number has to be all the ss number not just the last four numbers on the Copy B of the 1099 Misc. She said she needs the full number to put on a schedule E. I don't see anywhere on a schedule E it asks to enter the full ss in regard to the information on a 1099 Misc. She says her tax program will not let her efile the tax return without the full nine digits of the social security number being put on the schedule E. I do know you can't mask these numbers on the IRS copy. where on the schedule E would the ss numbers of the payer need to be that would not allow you to efile the return.
    Clearly there is no requirement to put the SS number of the person paying rent on the Sch E.

You dont even need to "fill out a 1099" to put that income on a Sch E. Time for someone to move to another preparer.

Thanks

Chris

Comment

ProSeries masks SSN on client and preparer copies but they have finally put in an option not to mask it on-screen and it is not masked on filing copy. Don't know how other programs handle this issue.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
      X