Direct Sellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct Sellers

Multi-level Direct Seller as in Avon, MaryKay and so many others!

Have a question - Direct Seller - that promotes "party plan meetings" for sales

There is always a listing for food/beverages supplied at the "Party Meeting"

Deductible as meals/ent subject to 50% or report as supplies for the "meeting"

I usually take the low road and report under meals/entertainment

Thoughts!

Thanks

Sandy

Originally posted by S T View Post
    Multi-level Direct Seller as in Avon, MaryKay and so many others!

Have a question - Direct Seller - that promotes "party plan meetings" for sales

There is always a listing for food/beverages supplied at the "Party Meeting"

Deductible as meals/ent subject to 50% or report as supplies for the "meeting"

I usually take the low road and report under meals/entertainment

Thoughts!

Thanks

Sandy
    This is a tricky one depending on the situation. If I recall correctly if the party includes invite to the public to come in and buy you can deduct 100%, but if it is a closed meeting to the public then 50% rule applies.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Thanks!

That is what I thought! Closed - invitations only - so not open to public.

Sandy

Comment

It would never occur to me to deduct only 50% of the cost of food and drinks served by a hostess at a sales event like this. These aren't "meals" being served, but rather are just snack refreshments, coffee, soda ... things like that.
        Roland Slugg
        "I do what I can."

Comment

Working...
        X