No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a client, Sch. C with employees.

Can I fill out one 2848 for her business and on the next line for her personal or do I need two 2848s? The hotline was VERY unclear about what I should do.

Thanks,
    Dennis

Tax matter 1 ) income 1040
    2) employment 941 and 940

What I am saying is you can use one POA I have done it many times.

Comment

Thank you

This is what I was trying to get across to the fellow on the phone, but he acted like I was speaking a foreign language! It makes perfect sense to me because of the 3 lines on the 2848.

Anyway Sea-tax, thanks for the help.

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by DTS
        This is what I was trying to get across to the fellow on the phone, but he acted like I was speaking a foreign language! It makes perfect sense to me because of the 3 lines on the 2848.

Anyway Sea-tax, thanks for the help.

Dennis
        Well I am glad I could be of service, good luck!

Comment

Form 2848

Dennis, I think Sea Tac gave you some good information, but what I have done in the past is:

For a schedule C taxpayer, file a 2848 under the individual name and SSN #, and indicate form 1040.

Then file a 2nd 2848 form under the individual DBA business name and the EIN # for the form 941 and form 940.

I just had a 2848 that contained both a ssn# and and EIN# on the same 2848 form and could not access all of the information. Defaulted to the SSN and could not obtain info on the payroll.

Somehow IRS can not distinguish between SSN and sole proprietor and the EIN# that is used for payroll returns for a sole proprietor.

When you use E services as you go through the screens they ask for a "business name" and EIN# and don't associate that with the Schedule C. It is only valid for payroll forms, form 1065, form 1120 or form 1120S. If you use the individual name they only ask for the SSN# and then transcripts only are pulled for the form 1040 which would include the Schedule C.

Hope this helps!

Sandy

Comment

I agree with Sandy

You need two forms. One might do in an audit or face to face meeting but if you are using E-Services or talking to a service center you might be limited.
            In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
            Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Working...
            X