Depreciation Macrs SL/gds and SL/ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depreciation Macrs SL/gds and SL/ads

need to extend some depreciation. Does all 5,7,10, 15, and 20 year property all have to be the same? I wanted to do 10,15, 20 yr property SL/ADS, and 5,7, yr property SL/GDS. Sftware won't let me select that way. (it would last year) is it allowable to do that way? Am I wrong and software right, or am I right and the software wrong?

What you are trying to do should work. As long as all assets in the same "class" use the same method, you are okay. One "class" can use a different method than another "class". It sounds like it could be a software bug. I'm not aware of any changes in that regard.

Comment

One more thought: Are these assets placed in service this year? If so, my first answer stands. If not, you may not be able to change an asset that is already being depreciated.

Comment

no, all in 2016. i can change in the software by overriding, but I would prefer to go thru all the correct steps. But, just doesnt want to let me.. Thanks

Comment

You may want to contact your software company and ask them about it. It could just be a mistake that they can easily correct.

Comment

Working...
          X